Tuesday 22 February 2011

Argh wet wet wet

Evening all
This month is just not my month :-( everything is going wrong.

The latest disaster happened tonight. I got home from my extra long bike ride and felt a bit grubbey so I went and had a nice relaxing shower. My shower was lovely but when I had dried off and dried my hair I went downstairs cook my spag bol.

I went into the kitchen and noticed the floor was wet. I looked up at the ceiling and it was dripping with water. aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh NO!!! I ran upstairs to see where it was coming from. I had no Idea????

My shower is over the bath so I removed the bath panel to have a look to see if I could see what was happening. I still couldn't see anything so I pulled my bathroom lino up. under the lino the floor was wet through :-(
I have no idea where the water has come from, I think it has come from the glass shower screen and has been dripping down the bath panel onto the floor and then running under the bath panel to then get under the lino. It looks like it has been getting wet for a while as it was proper soggy and looks abit rotten on the chipboard which is screwed ontop of the floorboards to level the floor. I hope the floorboards have gone all soggey and rotten :-(
The water has stopped dripping now and I have soaked most of it up and I have left the lino pulled up to let it dry out a bit. I daren't switch the kitchen lights on incase they are full of water. I will cook in the dark for the moment until I know it is safe.
 My brother is going to come round tomorrow to take a look and see what needs to be done. Gosh I really hope it is nothing serious and it can be fixed easily. This is not what I need right now. I just wana cry :-( boo hoo

Big hugs needed
Lily xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment